Tuesday 5 October 2010

makeup quiz

What foundation do you use?
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20, then MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC25.. sometimes I use MAC Face and Body Foundation in N2 with a 187 brush but thats for when I just want a light coverage and a little glow :) Tried out Lancomes Teint Miracle the other day though, and it was a MIRACLE! I really need to invest in some!

How about concealer?
I pop a bit of MACs paint pot in Painterly to cancel any other colours underneath, or sometimes use plain old Natural Collections green concealer for those days when I'm seriously red.. I paint it over my ENTIRE face so I go green, then foundation over it.. and no green shows through, thank the lord!

Do you know your undertone color?
Pink :( I so wish it was yellow, people look so much more healthy with yellow undertones!

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them so much, I wish MAC ones were cheaper so I could wear them everyday! However, my experience with extensions has been a bit of a disaster, they stay on for agessssssss but then the glue gets so hard and hurty :( and the glue remover doesnt remove it, it brings the eyelashes off with it :( that's with eyelure stuff anyway =/

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeah but I get so bored with mascaras and excited for the new ones coming out I buy a new one like every month just to see what all the hypes about!

What brand of mascara do you use? Umm.. MAC Haute & Naughty Lash, Urban Decay Big Fatty, Loreal Million Lashes, Barry M.. they're all pretty good!


Sephora or MAC?
MAC , never been in a Sephora though :(

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope, I might try and apply soon though seen as I've been freelancing and I'm doing a makeup course.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes for everything, eyelash curlers, umm tweezers for when I'm popping on falsies, brush cleaner to clean the mucky pups up!

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Urban Decay Primer Potion, or MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (need to get it in Soft Ochre though!) or I use both! They both work really well, and I still can't believe just how different eyeshadow looks and the small pathetic amount of time it says on without a primer! LADIES, prime your eyes!

For the face?
MACs Prep and Prime :) Its wonderful! Also pop on a bit of MACs Moisturelush cream for those dry bits.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
MACs eyeshadow in mystery - I wear it everyday on my brows! I couldn't live without it! I also love all the shades in Urban Decays new naked pallette.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Mainly gel, MACs blacktrack fluidline is amazing! And stays for so long. I still love Barry Ms black liquid liners but the staying power is crap, although the colour is very intense if you don't need it to stay on for long!


How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Not very often lol

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I haven't tried them yet! I can't believe what a make up addict I am and I haven't tried them! Think I'm kinda scared haha but the colour choice in them at MAC looks fab, and if I was asked to do more creative or makeup looks they'd be amazing!

Do you use mineral makeup?
This is another thing I've never tried! I really want to try out MAC Mineralise Skin Finish, and their blushers! They seem to make everyone look so glowy and warm!

What is your favorite lipstick?
So boring and predictable, but Myth, I do love you. My everyday go to lippie <3 style="outline-color: initial; outline-style: none; outline-width: 0px; ">
How about lipgloss?
I love MACs creemesheen glass in Boy Bait - it matches Myth perfect :) But also Barry M's lipglosses taste wonderful - like strawberry milkshake! and last just as long as MAC ones! And they have fab pigmentation, even on none lipsticked lips the colour is really vibrant.


What is your favorite blush to use?
Umm I like the one in ELFs Cool Bronzer Palette, I also like Benefits Coralista for a night out, and I found a bubblegum pink one for like a pound in some daft cosmetics shop which is so bright and fun!

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Umm for the little things like lipglosses and nail varnishes and other bits and bobs but if I'm buying something I know I'll wear/use everyday I've started to buy the expensive stuff as I know it'll work.

Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)
I wish they had them in the UK :(

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I'm taking one at the minute, a BTEC in MakeUp Artistry :) and also going to Kandee Johnsons Glaminar - EEEEEEK! =D

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not at all, but I used to be up till about 2 months ago.. When I look at old photos I cringe!

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Bad brows! Since learning how to do mine properly I appreciate how much they frame the face and can improve it! Even if you've got full brows anyway, a little shadow to deepen the shade, and a highlight underneath - not much effort, but makes such a difference!

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral for daytime, colourful for playtime!

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Katy Perrys OMG her eyes, lips, brows, skin, AMAZING! Cheryl Cole always looks beautiful - apparently she uses MAC face and body! I always love Kim Kardashians eyes.. Marilyn Monroe always looked flawless too.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Eyeshadow to shape my brows (with a brush please, I seriously couldnt do that with my finger!)

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Not really, cos I have trichotillomania I have no brows and not many lashes, so I'd look a bit insane! Plus my skin is so red :(

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Nope, I'm not one of those girls that pulls myself down but I honestly dont think I do.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
MAC - everything about them is PERFECT, apart from their price and that they charge delivery and that they have PRO products, when everyone should be able to get hold of them easily really :)

What do you think of Makeup?
I love love love love love it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm an eyebrow addict as soon as I see someone with bad eyebrows I cringe.

    ReplyDelete

if you've got a question,
i'll try and get back to you asap,
emily x