Wednesday 12 January 2011

Fancy Dress and Craft Haul


Hello my crafters!

So I've recently increased my fancy dress and craft boxes by about tenfold ready for some fun costume makeup looks! I bought pretty much all the stuff from charity shops, and the craft stuff from Rymans - where the cashier gave me 20% off for being nice!! :D
So I thought I'd show you what I've got in my collection, and then maybe you'll be inspired to try out some fun fancy dress! Do tell me if you do! :D

Here's my huge box full to the brim with wigs! Can't wait to do costume makeup with them :D

Here's a few little bits and bobs I grabbed from post Christmas sales for like £1 each, or from charity shops!

Now for all the crafty bits! This pile makes me feel so inspired! :D I feel like a little kid again! In it you can see a tiara - I got this for £3 from a charity shop and it's so pretty!

Yey - Girls Aloud false lashes were between 2 and 3 pounds from New Look! A great excuse to stock up. I also got a big tub of PVA to make papier mache stuff with - and that little sequin butterfly in the bottom of the picture was £1 from H&M in their sale! It's so cute!


I got these bags of sequins for 79p each from eBay. They're so pretty and sparkle so much - I'm going to use them for the mermaid look I have planned, and for when I dress up as a fairy :)

I just had to take a picture of this beautiful fabric! I am doing a Jasmine style/Indian/Arabic/Pakistani wedding makeup style - and after seeing this full outfit in a charity shop for £6 I couldn't resist! I can't stop looking at it! It's so pretty and such a beautiful colour, with the most wonderful silver embellishments! :)

Here's a shawl type throw that's made so beautifully, I again bought it from a charity shop specifically for my Cleopatra/Egyptian themed costume makeup look :) It's so pretty! And just what I was looking for :D

This was my ultimate find of the day - a lace brolley! It's SO beautiful - I'm going to use it for Victorian/Marie Antoinette style makeup and hair BUT it's just such a wonderful piece! I can just imagine a little girl holding it in a field full of flowers - it will definitely have a place in my little girls nursery one day! :) And again - another charity shop find!

Moving on with my crafts - I bought some clay from Rymans to make moulds to make prosthetics, and I got started on my prosthetic mission last night by making Avatar ears and a face cast with a super thick nose - perfect for an Avatar look, or even for a cat! When the clay's dry, I'll apply liquid latex over them and let that dry, and when you peel it off you get a flexible balloon textured material that can be attached to the models face with spirit gum or eyelash glue - and you can paint it any colour you like! Also, you can use the clay casts again and again - so I can make 100 Avatar ears if I'd like! Here you can see them drying on a tray covered in cling film :)


From WHSmith I got these books about Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. I'm fascinated by iconic women - I just find it so interesting to think about what is different about them to make them so iconic. I especially love the older generation icons, like these two ladies, so can't wait to read more about them and look at the pictures and analyse their makeup! You get 6 free postcards with each book, and I'm going to use the postcards in my makeup scrapbook as inspiration for such styles! :)


I hope I've inspired you to get crafty and have fun with makeup and costumes!
I can't wait to get started on all this, and fingers crossed they'll be loads of fancy dress parties this year! I can't wait to have little kiddy winks that I can dress up and have loads of fun crafting with! :)

Glitter and glue,

Emily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've got a question,
i'll try and get back to you asap,
emily x